Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Planning Board Candidate's Statement

Hello members of the Ashfield community. My name is Alan Rice and I am running for a position on the Planning Board. As a landscape architect and site planner with over sixteen years’ experience I have developed a keen interest in how principles of planning and design impact/influence growth in communities. My work has required a thorough understanding of planning issues, codes and regulations at state, county and municipal levels. I have collaborated with allied professionals, public servants, businesses, citizens’ groups and individuals on dozens of design and planning projects. For eight years I served on the board of a local land advocacy group proactively engaged with planners, developers and citizens on comprehensive growth management. This effort has produced positive results for many local residential and commercial neighborhoods affected by quality-of-life issues.

I would like to bring these experiences to the Ashfield Planning Board as an advocate for sensible growth management practices, as well as in service to this community that I have grown to love and now call home. Thank you for your support and please remember to vote on May 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment