Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Broadband Informational Meeting

The telecommunications committee will be hosting a meeting on Thursday, April 29, at 7pm in Town Hall to discuss current events in broadband for Ashfield and the surrounding region. In particular, in advance of our annual town meeting on Saturday, May 1, I will be giving a presentation on a proposed fiber optic broadband network. The town will be voting on whether to create a joint municipal entity with other towns to build a fiber optic network in western Massachusetts. I am acting as a volunteer on the steering committee of Wired West, the organization promoting this effort.

Over 40 towns will be voting on this issue during the annual town meeting season and two towns, Shelburne and Conway, have both already passed the article unanimously.

I encourage everyone with an interest in high speed internet to attend -- enthusiasts and skeptics all very welcome. I hope to answer questions and provide as much information as I can.

PS. If you have a laptop projector that I could use, please email!

David Kulp

No comments:

Post a Comment