Saturday, June 26, 2010

Great News for Wind Energy Discussions

Since last Sunday, when I called for a break on the subject, I have been wrangling with myself about how to handle the wind energy discussion. And getting nowhere.

As an open blog, the Ashfield Town Common faces liability issues every bit as stringent as those of a newspaper...with no legal staff and no corporate structure for protection. This was particularly nerve-wracking when I was posting wind energy pieces and comments, since the blog was being read all over the country and the world. I'm not kidding--from Texas to Tasmania, everybody wanted to know about Ashfield's potential wind energy projects.

Also, as a volunteer, I can't afford any more time than I'm already putting in. Ashfield provides quite enough grist for the mill without including a subject that stirs so many hearts to fervor.

I have been wishing all week that a way could be found to let everyone discuss the subject at whatever length they desire. And my wish has been almost magically granted. David Kulp has created a website for Ashfield e-mail lists, including a place to discuss wind energy projects. I think it will be the go-to place to discuss the issue. (There is a mechanism to subscribe or unsubscribe, making it a members-only list and protecting it from the liability issues that limit the blog.)

Without further ado I give you http://ashfieldtalk.org/wind.

Ruth Julian

1 comment:

  1. Ruth, thanks for this information. I guess I "stirred up the bees" when I asked the question of an email string that I received about the wind issue "why isn't all this discussion on the town blog, because that way everybody can have access in one place". I hadn't realized the complexities and limitations of the blog, and David Kulp was kind enough to find an alternate solution. Thanks to him as well as you for your continuing efforts toward inclusion and openness to dialogue.

    ReplyDelete