Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Yes, We Can Talk

Can we talk? I agree with David, I believe that all citizens have a right to be heard. I learned a long time ago that everyone wants the same thing in the end, to feel a part of the community, to be respected and to be heard. If we could manage this here in our beautiful little town we can do anything.

I want to thank Ted who has opened up a 5-10 minute sharing time and although I respect and understand this limit I think it is only a beginning, more time needs to be given to the public. Let's put the announcements in a folder at the library for leisure reading and use that extra time to talk. Let's go back to the total openness that Davehas been trying so hard to bring to town. When people feel heard they feel included rather than excluded from the process.

There is no need for fear, it is truly over rated, we need to stand up and speak our truths together, today and every day. No more hiding,let's open up communications in every way that we can to make this the place we all want to live in.

Thank you Ruth for giving us all a place to be heard.

Ricki Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment