Sunday, March 21, 2010

Farmers & Heaven by Poet Connetta Jean

"Do Farmers farm in Heaven?”
My young son asked me, so sad..
So many times he’d ridden on
The tractor with my Dad..
“Sure they do”, I told him as
His eyes turned to the sky.
“God gives us all a job to do
In Heaven when we die”.
“But, what do Farmers plant up there?”
He asked, so sure that I would know..
So I said “come sit, let’s talk a bit”
“about what farmers in Heaven grow..”
I told how there was so much food
with fields of flowers everywhere,
And how a farmer like his Grandpa
Was really needed there..
Then his eyes turned towards the window
At the tractor by the barn
And he said( as if I didn’t know)
”But he forgot his tractor Mom”
I smiled and tickled him a bit
Saying “Grandpa knows that too….
Heaven has a lot of tractors so..
He left his here for you.”

To Willie Gray from Barbara Maloney

No comments:

Post a Comment