Thursday, July 8, 2010

This Blog Is Now Closed

As of today, I’m closing The Ashfield Town Common to new posts and comments. I will not delete it from the internet, so the archives will still be available to anyone who wants to browse there.

I’ve very much enjoyed editing this blog. The diversity of voices that has popped into my mailbox has been a constant source of surprise and frequent joy. Each and every one of you who has contributed has my deepest thanks. You have informed, educated, and entertained all of us in Ashfield and beyond.

But I have health concerns that need addressing and the blog’s only reporter, my husband David King, needs to get back to his real job full time. And many of the functions of the blog can now pass to other sites.

When it is fully operational, Ashfield’s official town website, http://ashfield.org, will provide the meeting notices, agendas, and meeting minutes that were available here. For discussions on local concerns, http://ashfieldtalk.org will provide valuable forums. As Ashfield continues to find its internet feet, I’m sure other sites will appear.

And we are not dead, only sleeping. This blog was founded in the spirit of Thomas Jefferson’s words, “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.” If that vigilance should once again require the voices of The Ashfield Town Common, we will be back.

Ruth Julian

No comments:

Post a Comment